Olli Lahtinen Interview
SkidStorm is an outrageous racing game full of high octane arcade action. Simple controls make it easy to pick up and the career and competitive modes offer you hours’ worth of high speed entertainment. Challenge your friends to an online multiplayer race or hone your skills in time trial mode.
- Real-time online multiplayer with skill based matchmaking
- Rich metagame with customizable vehicles
- Singleplayer career mode with bots
- Time trial mode with player ghosts and leaderboards
Interview by Peter Ward
What is your first gaming experience?
– Tough question. Might be Snoopy on Commodore 64.
What got you into programming games?
– When I was a child I was fascinated how computer games worked so I started to look into it.
What development tools or coding did you use?
– First I started to mod games to have my own sprites and stuff. Then I found out there was a software called The Games Factory and I started to make my own simple games. Later on I advanced with proper development tools and languages like visual studio and c-language.
What hurdles did you have making your current game?
– Lots of them. The game is our first online multiplayer game so there were lots of problems regarding that. Also we have had to do some third party contracting to finance our development so that has slowed us down.
After the completion of the game what game will you make?
– We have not decided. One possibility is to make our archer game prototype to a real game.
What other games have you made you made?
– We have released only one game, Hopping Penguin.
My favourite computer was my Amiga and console the Megadrive do you have a favourite?
– I didn’t personally own that many devices in my childhood so it’s tough to say. I would say 486 pc and playstation 1 as those were the most played devices.
What is your favourite retro game?
– Depends on how retro. Super Mario 64 if that counts as retro, Mega Man 2 if it doesn’t.
Do you still game on the current consoles if so whats your favourite game?
– I rarely game on consoles anymore, I owned all previous gen consoles, but haven’t bought any new generation consoles yet.
Whats the worst game you have ever played?
– Superman 64
Finally what game or feature would you like to see on Retrogamesmaster in the future?
– More articles about upcoming games.