Interview with Fyn Fyn by Peter Ward
Download click here
Knight’s Tour is a variation on a classic puzzle that involves moving a knight around a chessboard. It’s an exciting game in which you collect coins by moving in an “L” shape. You’ll have to think well to avoid getting stuck and dying. You will face multiple challenges on your way, and coins may be guarded by enemies. You will fight chess pieces – king, rook and bishop. The coins you collect will help you improve your horse or unlock a new one. “Queen”, “Wizard” and “Health Bottle” bonuses will facilitate you walking through the gameplay.
LOTS OF LEVELS
Over 100 levels of various difficulties, with and without enemies
Complete levels and earn coins to:
– unlock new knights
– buy powerups
– upgrade your knights
The game is packed with tons of achievements, and unlocking them will earn you rewards and extra bonus levels.
Try to solve the puzzle – unlock all the bonus levels, achievements, and knights. Good luck!
First of all Welcome to Retrogamesmaster.
– Hello and thanks for your interest for the game!
What is your first gaming experience?
– My first gaming experience was “Tetris” in early childhood. As for PC there were such great games as “Dangerous dave in the haunted mansion” and “Prince of Persia” 1989.
What got you into programming games?
– Playing games often made me think about my own games with original gameplay and features. So after all I decided to give myself a try 🙂
What development tools or coding did you use?
– I use such popular game development platform as Unity. Cross-platform engine with C# support made my choice easy.
What hurdles did you have making your current game?
– The most complicated task was to generate over a 100 different levels.
It’s a logical game, so the balancing is tricky – levels should have slowly increasing complexity, be diverse, not boring and possible for completion at least in one way without using any bonuses.
After the completion of the game what game will you make?
– I like puzzle games, so next one will be also logical with emphasis on storyline and pretty graphics.
What other games have you made you made?
– A long time ago I was making small educational games. After that my main experience was focused on freelance programming. So Knight’s Tour is my first complete published product.
My favourite computer was my Amiga and console the Megadrive do you have a favourite?
– When I was 10 my school bought soviet analog of IBM PC AT – “Poisk 2.286”. It was the first computer I had hands-on experience, so it’s a favourite one.
As for console I spent a lot of time playing on Sega Mega Drive.
What is your favourite retro game?
– “Dangerous dave in the haunted mansion”, “Prince of Persia”, “F-19 Stealth Fighter” – back when I could imagine nothing better than these games.
Do you still game on the current consoles if so whats your favourite game?
– Unfortunately, no. I’m more of mobile and flash-browser player now.
Whats the worst game you have ever played?
– Can’t remember a single one… Of course there were a lot of games I didn’t like, but I dropped playing them and forgot.
Finally what game or feature would you like to see on Retrogamesmaster in the future?
– It would be interesting for me to see review of one of my favourite games – “Dangerous dave in the haunted mansion”, the history of creation etc, because there is not so much info about it in Wiki.